Learn how to add fringe to a lampshade. This simple DIY is an easy way to add interest to a dull white lampshade.
If you like this post, you might also like these easy-to-make trinket dishes.
Adding fringe to a lampshade is one of those stupidly easy DIY projects that are good for instant gratification. I was able to transform a plain white lampshade in minutes!
How to Add Fringe to a Lampshade
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you’re using a hot glue gun (versus cool temp), be careful. It’s really easy to burn your fingers.
It would also be cool to cover the entire lampshade with fringe.
- Start at the back seam. Apply about 3 inches of glue and press the fringe against the glue.
- Continue along the bottom edge.
- When you reach where you began, cut the fringe 1/2″ longer and fold it over when you glue it down.
- Continue gluing the fringe on the lampshade where desired. I added another layer at the top.
- Then I added one last layer in the middle, trying to keep the spacing even from the top layer.
- Enjoy! Don’t you love simple DIY projects?
I love this corner of my home now! It’s so colorful and happy now. Everything needs a bit of fringe!
A vignette in my home is never complete without a cool bust.
What do you think about my revamped lamp?