Learn how to make a twig wreath.
I love the look of driftwood wreaths, but when you live hours from the beach, twigs make more sense. So I made myself a modern twig wreath that is perfect for fall.
It’s rustic, yet modern look is perfect for so many styles. Plus it’s an easy craft and that’s always a plus in my book!
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Scroll down for complete, printable directions.
Tips for Making a DIY Twig Wreath
- This is a messy craft, so work in an area that’s okay to get messy.
- Don’t go for perfection when making your twig wreath. Different sizes of twigs look better. Perfectly imperfect!
- A flat wreath form is perfect for gluing twigs to. Round wreath forms would be much harder to work with.
- You’ll need more twigs than you think!
- Look for twigs of different sizes. Smaller twigs are great for filling in empty spots.
- Knots and stray branches can be trimmed to make straight pieces.
- Hot glue can be clean up with a hair dryer. (Or you can pretend they’re cobwebs: voila – instant Halloween decor! 😉 )
- When attaching twigs, start by attaching them like a clock. This prevents the twigs from getting skewed as you go.
How to Make a Twig Wreath
*I gathered twigs from my backyard, but I know that not everyone has that option, so I’ve included a link to twigs that you can buy (and are already clean!)
If you gather twigs from your own yard, look for twigs that are clean, dry and moss free. Look for smooth branches without bark for best results.
Then let them sit in the garage or other dry outdoor space for a few days.
You can also place them in a ziplock baggie and place them in the freezer for a few days if you’re concerned about bringing bugs in.
Learn how to make a twig wreath. This modern twig wreath is perfect for fall.
- Wreath Form
- Pruning Shears
- Hot Glue Gun
- Gather twigs in different sizes.
- Use pruning shears to cut straight pieces of twigs into pieces that are between 2" and 5" long.
- Start gluing the twigs onto the wreath form.
- Fill in empty spots with smaller twigs.
- Keep going until your twig wreath is full.
- Hang and enjoy.
- Gorilla Hot Glue Gun and Sticks, 30 ct
- Fiskars Steel Bypass Pruning Shears
- Glueable Wreath Form
- 100pcs 5 Inch Long 0.1-0.2 Inch in Diameter Wood Log Sticks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might also like:
Pin for Later!