Want to learn how to make your own DIY mushroom wreath?
When you live in a forest, you come to have a great appreciation for mushrooms. There are just so many of them! So many colors and shapes and sizes! We have ones that look like brains and ones that are almost neon orange. I love them all.
Mushrooms are typically in abundance in the fall here and we spend a lot more time in the woods, so to me, fall means mushrooms. Probably a weird connotation, but whatever, that’s just how I roll.
For my fall curb appeal update, I knew that I wanted to add mushrooms to a wreath for my door. The results are adorable!
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make a DIY Mushroom Wreath
- Wooden knobs
- Sticker paper or vinyl
- Hole punch
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics in Primary Red
- Wire cutters
- Faux Boxwood Wreath
If you don’t want to make your own mushrooms, here are some super cute ready-made mushrooms.
This wreath would be really cute if you used a moss wreath instead of the boxwood wreath.
- Start with wooden door knobs. I left mine natural, but you could paint yours white if you want them to be more realistic looking.
- Use a hole punch to make tiny circles of vinyl or sticker paper. I just used a regular hole punch and scraps of vinyl, but you could use sticker paper or contact paper instead.
- Place the circles onto the wooden knobs. These will make perfect circles for your mushroom spots.
- Paint over the circles on the top portion of the knob.
- When the paint is dry, remove the stickers. You have perfect little circles and the cutest mushrooms ever!!
- Cut lengths of wire to about 8″ long (or longer if your wreath is thick.)
- Wrap one around the base of each mushroom.
- Then wrap these around the wreath, twisting it in the back. Space the mushrooms evenly.
- Tie a bow with a pretty ribbon and slip a piece of wire through the knot.
- Secure the wire with ribbon by wrapping it around the wreath and twisting the ends.
- Hang and enjoy your pretty mushroom wreath!
I love how my DIY wreath looks against the freshly painted yellow door!