When I saw the IKEA Karaff Carafe, I knew that it was perfect for hacking. First, the name is awesome and fun to say. Second, the shape is perfection. Third, it costs $1.49, making it the cheapest IKEA hack ever.
And who doesn’t love cheap IKEA hacks?
I’m using is as a drink pitcher, but the lovely shape and size makes the IKEA Karaff the perfect retro vase as well!
How to Make a DIY Drink Pitcher
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Scroll Down for Retro Diamond Cut File Download
Tips for Using Vinyl on Glass
- Rubbing alcohol is used to remove oils from glass to make vinyl stick.
- Use transfer tape to perfectly line up your vinyl on the glass.
- If your cutting mat is not as sticky anymore, you can use washi tape to hold the vinyl in place.
- Use permanent vinyl for best results. (Oracle 651)
- You can use any color of vinyl that you want, but certain colors work better for retro looks. I love gold, mint and turquoise.
- Cut your vinyl to slightly larger than your design to save vinyl.
Care for Vinyl on Glass
Despite using permanent vinyl, it’s not actually permanent. Special care is needed for vinyl on glass.
- Gently hand wash only.
- Do not soak in water.
- Do not use in a dishwasher.
- Do not microwave.
You might also like these easy etched wine glasses!
Learn how to make a retro DIY drink pitcher. This retro pitcher is so easy to make and is perfect for serving up cocktails. Or use it as a vase!
- IKEA Karaff Carafe
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Silhouette or other cutting machine
- Use your cutting machine to cut the vinyl.
- Clean the glass with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils from skin.
- Apply the vinyl to the glass, spacing it out as you go.
Cutting the vinyl to the exact size saves vinyl.
You can use transfer tape to get perfect spacing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Download Cut Files
All downloads are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute or sell files.
Starbursts are available to purchase in my Etsy shop.
You might also like:
Pin for Later!