Make a Jack O’Lantern Sign for Halloween
Decorate for Halloween with this cute Jack O’Lantern sign. Get a free Jack O’Lantern SVG to download and use with your Cricut.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love cute Halloween decor so I designed this sign with a happy Jack O’Lantern face.
Signs are an easy way to add a seasonal touch to your decor. You can add words if you want, but I wanted my sign to be more graphic.
How to Make a Jack O’Lantern Sign
- Wood Sign Blank
- Black Vinyl
- Cricut (I’m using my Cricut Maker 3)
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tools
- SVG Design (Scroll to bottom of post to download)
By the way, I used Smart Vinyl without a mat for the first time and I loved it. It’s so convenient and easy to use, but I think a roll holder would be helpful if you buy long rolls of vinyl.
If you don’t have a machine that is compatible with Smart Vinyl, regular vinyl is fine. I used permanent vinyl to make sure that it sticks better.
If you plan on putting your sign outside, you might want to seal the wood first with polycrylic to prevent damage. Make sure to use permanent vinyl as well.
- Cut the vinyl as usual with your Cricut.
- Weed the excess vinyl.
- With larger designs, it’s easier if you tape the design onto a table before applying the transfer tape.
- Apply the transfer tape to the top half of your design. (Yours should be smooth, not wrinkly like mine.)
- When the top half is applied, apply the bottom half, smoothing as you go.
- Remove the design from the backing paper.
- Place the design onto the wood.
- Remove the transfer tape, smoothing as you go.
- If you have any bubbles, they can be smoothed with the scraper tool.
You might also like:
Download a Jack O’Lantern SVG
This design is about 10″ x 10″. If your sign is a different size, you will need to resize it in the Cricut software.
All downloads are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute or sell files.
Pin for Later!
Emy is a vintage obsessed mama of 2 DIYer who loves sharing affordable solutions for common home problems. You don’t need a giant budget to create a lovely home. Read more…