Summertime! And the living is easy! Speaking of easy, easy crafts are the best. I’m never too busy for an easy craft and this summer vase DIY fits the bill!
My summer is feeling anything but easy lately, so a few minutes crafting goes a long way to feeling relaxed! Featuring gold monstera leaf decals, this summer vase is sure to add a tropical feel to your home!
You might be interested in this post about using vinyl on wine glasses.
Summer Vase DIY
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Plain ceramic vase
- Vinyl (I used Oracle 631 in gold)**
- Cut file*
- Weeding tools
- Transfer paper for vinyl
*If you use my design from my Etsy shop, use the DXF file for silhouette. Group the design together before resizing it.
**I used Oracal 631 because that’s what I had on hand, but for a permanent design use 651. I love that if I tire of this design, I can easily remove the decals and add a new design!
- Start with a simple vase. Although the vase is round, the sides are pretty flat. This will make the process much easier.
- Cut your design with your silhouette. For my vase, I resized the monstera leaves to be about 3″ square. I flipped and alternated the leaves to get different sizes and looks. Then I was able to cut my design using 3″ of vinyl.
- Cut your designs apart from each other.
- Weed your designs.
- Apply transfer vinyl to the front of the decal design. Press very firmly and remove the decal from the backing paper. Transfer paper makes this project even easier!! The design goes on perfectly every time! Plus, one piece had plenty of stickiness for all 4 leaves!
- Apply the vinyl to the vase. Press firmly to remove any air bubbles. This design works well with a round surface!
- Repeat until your design is finished.
- Add a faux monstera leaf and enjoy!
What do you think? Would you make this summer vase?
Curious about those walls? Check out this DIY shibori technique!
You might also like: