These cute retro vinyl ornaments are so fun to make and look great with a vintage Christmas style. These acrylic ornaments feature cute vintage-inspired designs.
You might like these other cute Christmas ornament tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Retro Christmas ornaments are my favorite. They are just so cute. So when I ran across these cute acrylic ornament blanks, I knew that I had to make a flat version.
I love how these ornaments turned out. They’re going to look so cute on our Christmas tree.
Best of all, they were SO easy to make!
DIY Retro Vinyl Ornaments
- Acrylic ornaments (similar)
- Cricut (I used my Cricut Maker 3)
- Transfer tape
- Weeding tools
- Ribbon (for hanging)
- SVG (I used this set from my shop)
Notes about Supplies:
Vinyl: I used gold, turquoise, and magenta, but feel free to use any colors you want. Shiny and metallic vinyl looks so good. Pastels would have also looked cute.
(I originally wanted to use glitter vinyl, but I discovered that my glitter vinyl is actually iron-on. Later, I used a different glitter vinyl on another project, and I’m SO glad that I didn’t have it in fun colors. It’s horrible to use! Skip the glitter if possible!)
- Upload and cut the design as usual.
- Layer the designs and change the colors to figure out your layouts. The SVG set I linked includes a lot of fun options to play with. (I also used circles to make the designs even better.)
- Start with your simplest design.
- Apply the background shape first. (I skipped the transfer tape and used it like a sticker for simple, large shapes.)
- Use transfer tape to apply trickier shapes.
- Continue layering the shapes until you’re finished with each design.
- When you’re happy with the designs, add ribbon to the ornament and hang them.
You might also like:
Pin for Later!