Learn how to make an envelope for a card with this easy to use A7 template.
So you’ve made or printed a printable card, but you don’t have any envelopes on hand. Now what? Did you know that you can make your own envelope from a sheet of paper?
How to Make an Envelope for a Card
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Printable template (download below)
- 8.5″ x 11″ paper*
- Optional: washi tape, stickers or markers to decorate the envelope
*Consider using patterned paper or colored paper for a festive look!
- Download the printable template and print it out using the paper of your choice.
- Cut away the gray areas.
- Fold areas 1 and 2 inward on the dotted lines.
- Fold the large part of the envelope up. Glue the edges to the side flaps that you folded in the previous step.
- Fold the last part down.
- Ta da! You have an envelope! Seal with washi tape or just leave it folded over.
You can also cut the envelope template out and trace it on pretty paper so that the printed dotted lines don’t show on your finished envelope.
Download an A7 Envelope Template (Card Sized Envelope)
This A7 template fits cards that are 7″ x 5″.
For best results print scaled to 100%.
You might also like:
- Printable birthday card
- Printable mother’s day card
- Printable father’s day card
- Printable Christmas card
Pin for Later!