Make these fun acrylic ornaments with vinyl to decorate your tree. These ornaments are so easy to customize. They also make great gifts.
You might also like these other DIY Christmas ornament tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These ornaments are so fun to make. You can add whatever words you want. I added Christmas phrases, but you can add names or monograms. Nicknames would be cute.
If you make your own phrases, be sure to weld your letters so that they don’t get cut apart.
These ornaments could also be used as gift tags or stocking name tags.
DIY Acrylic Ornaments with Vinyl
- Acrylic ornament blanks (round and similar retro shape)
- Craft paint
- Cricut (I use a Cricut Maker 3)
- Weeding Tools
- Transfer tape
- SVG (the link is at the bottom of this post)
Notes about Supplies:
Vinyl: Use colors that contrast with the paint color on the back.
By the way, I used glitter vinyl for one of the ornaments, and I do not recommend it. It’s so hard to transfer it to the ornament.
Paint: Some colors may need 2-3 coats for full coverage.
Prepare the Ornaments
- Remove the protective covering from both sides of the acrylic ornaments.
- Paint messy paint swatches on one side of each ornament. It should be big enough to put words in front of it.
- Let the paint dry.
Apply Vinyl to the Ornaments
- Flip the ornament over.
- Upload and cut the vinyl as normal. Be sure to attach the layers before cutting the vinyl.
- Weed the designs.
- Apply a layer of transfer tape to the weeded design.
- Remove the vinyl backing.
- Place the design onto the ornament and smooth it.
- Remove the transfer tape.
- Smooth the vinyl if necessary to make sure that it adheres to the ornament.
- Add a ribbon for hanging.
You might also like:
Christmas Phrases SVG
All downloads are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute or sell files.
Pin for Later!