Looking for a Henriksdal chair review? Look no further!
I even have a fun post on a Henriksdal hack!
Although I had only had my cute, metal farmhouse chairs for a short time, it was time to buy new ones.
Henriksdal Chair Review
This is how my dining room looked before.
See, weren’t they the cutest? The chairs shown are the Carlisle from Target. Cute. Farmhouse-y. Modern. But not comfy!
Pros of the Henriksdal
- Size. Look at the difference in size. It’s comical. The Henriksdal chairs are a nice size for adults and children, alike.
- Comfort. The Henriksdal are the most comfortable IKEA dining chair that exists. We spend a lot of time at the dining room table. Between, eating, working and playing, hours are spent around the table. Snow days are often spent around the table playing board games or doing puzzles. If we have friends over, we often end up at the table, hanging out for hours. A cushion could have made the seats comfy, except that the real problem was where the back of the chair hit. The Target chairs are low and hit me in the middle of my back. The new IKEA dining room chairs are so comfy. The seats are firm, but the back is nice and high. I can sit in them for hours without hurting.
- Warmth. Metal chairs in the winter are not pleasant. We were grabbing throw pillows just to protect our bottoms from the cold chairs. Not a problem anymore!
- Ease of cleaning. The metal chair stayed clean, so I can’t complain there. However, my new chairs are slipcovered! That means I can wash them and more importantly replace the slipcovers for $10 a piece. Yes. White is insane. Trust me. I’m not crazy. I have a daughter who thinks chairs and shirts are her own personal napkins. They are only white temporarily.
- Price. These chairs start at $69 each and the slipcovers cost $10 each. So affordable.
- Classic Style. The Henriksdal chair has a very classic silhouette. They work in any style, no matter how much you like to change your home.
- Easy to hack. Oh, IKEA hacks are the best, aren’t they? The legs could be painted, the slipcovers dyed or embellished. You’re working with a blank slate.
- Slipcover choices are limited. There are other options, but they add up for 4 chairs. I wish IKEA offered more pattern options.
Plans for the Henriksdal Slipcovers
I’m hoping the fabric will dye nicely. It’s 100% cotton, but they have a weird texture. My goal is to dye them in a shibori pattern. If the fabric takes the dye funky, I’ll just make new slipcovers. White is just never going to work in my home. They sure are lovely though, aren’t they? Want to see how they turned out? Click here to learn how to dye your slipcovers.
Henriksdal Chair Review: Other All Thoughts on These Comfortable Dining Chairs
I love the scale of the chairs with the table. It feels so grown up now!!
The IKEA chairs were so easy to assemble that my 12 year old son did all of them by himself. We celebrated with a puzzle. And these chairs were so comfy to spend time in.
It feels so good to not hate my dining room chairs anymore!
Are you considering buying the IKEA henriksdal chairs?